The VivaScope® 1500 offers researchers and users in the fields of medicine and cosmetics the possibility of optical examinations of skin in real time. This provides a non-invasive view into the epidermis down to the reticular dermis. Black and white images of the individual skin layers are generated. The VivaScope is easy to use and saves time.
VivaScope® 1500: In vivo imaging of cellular microstructures
The VivaScope® 1500 offers researchers and users in the fields of medicine and cosmetics the possibility of optical examinations of skin in real time. This provides an in vivo, non-invasive view into the epidermis and the dermis all the way down to the upper stratum reticulare. A near-infrared laser (830 nm) is directed onto the individual skin sections where it is reflected. Melanin and keratin act as natural contrast agents due to their relatively high refractive index. The device generates black and white images of skin in an optimal quality. Cellular microstructures of skin can be depicted cell by cell in horizontal optical cross-sections (approx. 5.0 µm section thickness).
The VivaScope® 1500 is well-suited for a wide variety of medical and cosmetic applications. This device has proven to be especially valuable for producing images which physicians may use for detecting melanomas and therefore has become an integral part of the standard equipment of many clinics and dermatologists' offices. It is easy to use and saves time.
The device is already being used successfully not only in dermatological practices and clinics but also in the medical, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry as well as medical research. The VivaScope® 1500 is a highly flexible and practical model. A special setup or environment is not required for its use. The VivaScope® 1500 can be combined optimally with the VivaCam® and the handheld VivaScope® 3000.
VivaScope® 1500 Technical Data
- Optical resolution: horizontal: <1.25 µm in center of image field; vertical: <5.0 µm in center of image field
- Imaging depth: upper layers of the stratum reticulare
- Viewable section, individual image: 500 µm x 500 µm
- X & Y axis movement: +/- 4.0 mm
- Image resolution: 1000 x 1000 pixels (Nyquist-optimized)
- Image digitization: 8 bits
- Frame rate: 9 frames per second
- Monitor: 19", 1280 x 1024 pixels, color flat panel display
- Software: VivaScan Version 7
- Optical operating power: CDRH Class 1, EU Class 1M
- Imaging wavelength: 830 nm
- Imaging head: gimbal mount provides ±90° rotation in orthogonal direction
- Included objective: Lucid StableViewTM F.L. = 4.3 mm, 0.9 NA immersion
- Operating temperature range: 55°F to 85°F (13°C to 30°C)
- Power source: 110-230 VAC 50-60 Hz
- Operating humidity: non-condensing
- Certifications: FCC Class A, CE-marked