VivaScope® 1500 Multilaser
The VivaScope® 1500 Multilaser functions can depict differentiated functional tissue aspects dynamically in vivo. The VivaScope® 1500 Multilaser combines reflectance with fluorescent confocal laser scanning microscopy. Wavelengths of 785 nm (near-infrared), 658 nm (red) or 488 nm (blue) are available.
VivaScope® 1500 Multilaser:
Confocal laser scanning microscopy for in vivo use
The VivaScope 1500 Multilaser combines reflectance with fluorescent confocal laser scanning microscopy. Analog to the standard device VivaScope 1500, skin areas can be viewed in vivo in the infrared range (830 nm). Wavelengths of 785 nm (near-infrared), 658 nm (red) or 488 nm (blue) are available. Up to three lasers can be integrated in one device. A fluorescent dye (organism-compatible) can be applied to the tissue to be examined prior to using the VivaScope. The respective laser light excites the fluorphor and the emitted fluorescence produces a contrast during the imaging process that may help to display the histological structure due to the dye distribution. The VivaScope 1500 Multilaser functions can depict differentiated functional tissue aspects dynamically in vivo.
The VivaScope 1500 Multilaser is available in two types of models each with three lasers: VivaScope 1500 Multilaser "Red" with lasers featuring a wavelength of 785 nm (infrared), 658 nm (near-infrared), and 488 nm (red), and VivaScope 1500 Multilaser "Blue" with lasers featuring a wavelength of 785 nm (infrared), 658 nm (red), and 488 nm (blue). Living tissue can be viewed with all wavelengths in sequence or with only one or two. Depending on model, standard filters for the following fluorophores are included in the delivery scope: Indocyanine green (near-infrared laser), methylene blue and toluidine blue (red laser), as well as sodium fluorescein (blue laser).
VivaScope® 1500 Multilaser Technical Data
- Optical resolution: horizontal: <1.25 µm center of image field; vertical: <5.0 µm in center of image field, the optical thickness of the cross-section is reduced with a shorter wavelength but always less than 5.0 µm
- Imaging depth: depends on selected wavelength
- Viewable section, individual image: 500 µm x 500 µm (usable screen section)
- Displayed image field: +/- 4.0 mm in direction of x and y (8-mm square)
- Image resolution: 1000 x 1000 pixels (Nyquist-optimized)
- Image digitization: 8 bits
- Frame rate: 9 frames per second
- Monitor: 19", 1280 x 1024 pixels, color flat panel display
- Software: VivaScan
- Optical operating power: red laser: CDRH Class 1, EU Class 1M (for Class 1M lasers, viewing the laser output with certain optical instruments within 100 mm may pose an eye hazard); blue laser: to be determined, therefore eye protection may be recommended
- Imaging wavelength: 785 nm, 658 nm, 488 nm
- Imaging head: gimbal mount provides ±90° rotation in orthogonal direction
- Included objective: Lucid StableViewTM F.L. = 4.3 mm, 0.9 NA water immersion
- Operating temperature range: 55°F to 85°F (13°C to 30°C)
- Power source: 110-230 VAC 50-60 Hz
- Operating humidity: non-condensing
- Certifications: FCC Class A, CE-marked